Location: Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
Reports To: Administrator
The position exists to implement financial management systems to enable ATAZ to professionally
manage its financial resources in order to achieve shareholder objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Leads the budgeting process, applying best practices and accepted accounting conventions.
2. Provides financial input that is relevant to revenue for ATAZ business plans.
3. Implements a comprehensive plan for managing costs within the ATAZ.
4. Provides detailed explanations of variances to planned performance.
5. Provides sections/departments with information on their performance against the budgets.
6. Provides and sets guidelines for purchases and payments and ensures full compliance with accepted
professional accounting conventions.
7. Assists in forecasting future financial performance in order to facilitate business planning and
8. Safeguards the Academy’s financial resources by ensuring that authorization levels are in place,
depending on the nature of expenditure.
9. Develops Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for payments, and ensures strict adherence to the
established standards within the ATAZ.
10. Participates in the costing of the Academy’s products and services in order to generate targeted
11. Produces accurate and timely management and financial reports to guide management in making
12. Manages and maintains the ATAZ’s fixed asset register.
13. Ensures that the academy’s books of accounts are timeously and accurately kept and all financial
transactions are accurately recorded using the required SOPs.
14. Maintains and monitors the performance of the Academy’s fixed deposits and other investments.
15. Assists the Administrator in the human resources management of the academy.
Qualifications & Skills
University degree in Accounting or equivalent at Accountant level.
Professional qualification such as CA, CIMA, ACCA, CIS is an added advantage
8 years of relevant working experience
Other requirements and competencies
Sound knowledge of Computerized Accounting Packages essential.
Commercial sector experience a necessity.
Knowledge of aviation industry an advantage.
A good understanding of accounting systems
Financial analysis and reporting skills
Budgeting and Budgetary control what?
Treasury/ short-term investment management
Should be a self-starter with the ability to work under minimum supervision
Knowledge of stores management and control
Interested persons should submit their applications, certified copies of educational certificates and
up to date C.V.s to:-
Human Resources and Administration Director
Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe
Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport
Level 3, New Terminal Building
P Bag 7716