Emirates Vacancies – Licensed Aircraft Engineer
– Reporting to Station Maintenance Manager, the LAE will carry out maintenance and certification on company aircraft (including cabin maintenance) to ensure optimum serviceability and operational schedules are met.
– Liaises with Maintenance Control Centre when certain maintenance tasks are required and/or in a delay situation. – Supervises mechanics and technicians and all aspects of servicing, defect rectification and maintenance carried out on the aircraft.
– Takes all necessary measures to ensure the safety of personnel working in the vicinity of the aircraft and preventing damage to the aircraft or its equipment.
– Ensures that mechanics/technicians adhere to the instructions laid down in the aircraft approved documents.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
– Must have served an apprenticeship with an airline/approved organization or have received equivalent formal training.
– A minimum of 7 years experience of which at least 3 years as a certifying Engineer for relevant aircraft type (B777, B747, A380, A330, A340)
– Thorough job knowledge covering all aspects of aircraft maintenance practices and procedures.
– Must be fully familiar with legislative and legal matters relating to the safe and airworthy operation and maintenance of aircraft to international standards.
– A valid ICAO type II license/GCAA/EASA B1/JAR 66/SACAA type rated in at least one relevant aircraft type with the applicable approvals.
– Full Fluency in English Language, reading/writing/conversing.
– Preferred B777, B747, A380, A330/A340 License/Approval. – Must have the right to live and work in South Africa
SALARY & BENEFITS
We offer our employee’s competitive remuneration packages, attractive travel benefits, and career development supported by multi-million dollar training facilities in Dubai, and e-Learning programmes for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.