Would You Like To Be An Airport Duty Officer For Gulf Air?
About This Vacancy
We are looking for an Airport Duty Officer to work with our Ground operations.
To oversee various customer handling areas of airport operations ensuring highest standard of service and following safe & secure working procedures.
- Oversee all customer handling areas Viz. Check-in, Departure Gate, Transit & Arrival. Ensure all functions are accurately and promptly carried out by company staff as well as Handling Agent Staff to the highest degree of standard.
- Manage all day-to-day operational issues, including check-in, operations, safety and security, disruption handling and service recovery in accordance with corporate procedures.
- Assign pre-flight duties to all staff and conduct de-briefing to discuss the discrepancies.
- Direct Check-in staff in handling passengers for any irregularities, invalid documents etc.
- Direct Check-in staff in dealing excess baggage charges. Make decisions regarding charging and waiving of charges.
- In case of Denied Boarding, guide check-in staff and deal passengers. Ensure updating SSCI for downgrading or offloading customers.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with customs, immigration, security, police, medical, cargo, ground transport, catering, duty free, courier companies, tour operators and other airline staff.
- Ensure that Company Policy and local policies for handling delayed services are followed and that delayed passengers are given all assistance during such delays.
- Ensure that the handling agents output is according to company standards and in accordance with the agreed contract.
- Ensure strict adherence of company safety and security standards.
- Ensure Company Regulations are being followed with regard to lost/found/damaged baggage and that the time factor in this connection is not exceeded.
- Ensure that staff on shift, wear company uniform to the required standard.
- Ensure that adequate stock level of all stationery and supervises distribution thereof.
- Ensure quality service to V.I.Ps, unaccompanied children etc. in areas of arrival, departure and during transits. Coordinate with Lounge staff.
- Communicate with Duty Manager / Airport Manager to upgrade A/C equipment if necessary in terms of over sales etc…
- Liaise with Airport Support Unit/WWCC for VCRS (Virtual Coupon Records) updates in case of misconnections involving rerouting.
- Monitor catering figures and update catering unit well ahead to prevent wastage.
- Coordinate with Airport Manager on an ongoing action plan for service improvements; adapt all possible methods to achieve/exceed the set-up targets.
- Carry out any other tasks or duties as assigned by Airport Manager.
Education & Training
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.