1. Assist Manager – IT Facilities and Operations in identifying automated tools to monitor server performances against different KPI’s and to initiate alerts with escalation hierarchy.
2. Technically lead, design, plan and implement the highest level of performance tuning and recovery procedures for mission critical enterprise systems.
3. Optimize server performance by implementing new technologies such as virtualisation techniques to reduce the overall cost of ownership.
4. Serves as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems.
5. Recommend the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications.
6. Investigate and analyze feasibility of system requirements and develop system specifications.
7. Identify methods, solutions and provide project leadership and management in order to provide a high level of IT Services to the IT users.
8. Performs full supervision of Operations technical staff and server as a technical expert in the area of System Administration for complex operating systems.
1. Manage the daily IT System Administration operations by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair.
2. Ensure that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained.
3. Performs full supervision of Operation technical staff as a technical expert in the area of System Administration for complex operating systems.
4. Apply revisions to host systems firmware and software and work with vendors to assist support activities.
5. Plan, lead, execute and implement new systems, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability. Train technical staff on how to use new IT systems and solutions acquired to support business requirements.
6. Lead problem-solving efforts including internal teams as well as outside vendors.
7. Establish, maintain and manage user accounts and data on different enterprise systems.
8. Ensure high availability and performance levels of different mission critical systems to meet set KPIs and SLAs.
9. Investigate and analyse feasibly of system requirements and develop system specifications in order to carryout capacity management.
10. Manage and lead technical monitoring and troubleshooting for servers, storage and backup physical and virtual environments
11. Lead, manage and maintain procedures and documentation for backup and restoration.
12. Technically plan and lead DR drills and Restoration plans for different IT infrastructure systems to ensure IT Service Continuity and compliance with required RPOs and RTOs during business continuity events.
13. Ensure data backup, transfer and processing jobs carried out by operation staff as per schedule
14. Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
15. Develop tools, procedures, and training sessions for System Administration, Storage and System Operations’ staff to assist with work
16. Stay up-to-date with current technological trends and developments in the areas of systems administration technology and recommend ways to take advantage of new technologies.