Would You Like To Be A Buyer At Safair?
- Safair requires the services of a BUYER that will report to the Head of Supply Chain for the procurement of parts/materials and be based at Bonaero Park.
– Reviews and analyses purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy of information; contacts departments to clarify or complete information; determines the method to process the requisition, timeliness required, existing contracts and/or competitive bidding;
– Purchase aircraft parts – locally and internationally;
– Manage repairs and service exchange cycles of various parts;
– Raised requests for quote and adjudicated same for best price, availability and delivery;
– Maintains records of approved and preferred Suppliers when placing the purchase orders;
– Places Purchase orders with assigned vendors, follows up as needed confirming all expedites and load dates are met, updates all information onto the system;
– Reports and communicates directly to the supervisor and challenges supplier price increases;
– Evaluates suppliers based on price, quality, support, history, and service. Recommends changes and suggestions when deemed appropriate;
– Evaluates invoice discrepancies and negotiates/ resolves variances with suppliers;
– Resolves purchasing problems between department and vendor;
– Expedited orders with suppliers to ensure speedy delivery of parts;
– Managed 24-hour AOG help-desk;
– Ensured timeous and accurate sourcing and delivery of aircraft parts for general aircraft maintenance and aircraft in for checks;
– Managing of Supplier contracts and agreements;
– Manage and provide feedback outstanding Requisitions on Flowcentric system;
– Play a leading role in guiding and leading subordinate employees.