Would you like to be a Cargo Manager for Emirates?
About the job
- To create maximum awareness in the market and to maintain sales and service standards according to company procedure in order to optimize revenue, tonnage, and yield.
- Responsible for all aspects of control of export and import operations within the territory, which will include multiple stations.
- Both directly and indirectly (through senior staff at each station) manage cargo employees in compliance with corporate and local regulations, policies and procedures to ensure the development of a disciplined, skilled and motivated workforce.
- Identify objectives and implement strategies for sales and operational activities within the assigned territory. – Recommend to Head Office sales policies, pricing, and marketing activities relevant to the region.
- Undertake sales and other commercial activities to meet corporate revenue, tonnage and yield objectives.
- With local cargo managers and sales staff, identify and develop new customer segments (e.g. road feeder, offline activities).
- Negotiate tonnage and revenue agreements with new and existing clients within the region.
- Identify local trends and provide timely feedback on market conditions with respect to pricing and competitor activities.
- Work with Head Office in the management of regional and global accounts, in order to maximize revenue. – Provide periodic reports and analysis on commercial contracts, the rate of attainment against objectives and the effectiveness of the station performance (route and point of sale) including monitoring financial risk for stations in the territory.
- Through pro-active communication, ensure agents and other customers are appraised of Emirates SkyCargo products, services, and e-business capabilities, thereby contributing to enhanced customer service standards, repeat business and customer loyalty.
- Coordinate with cargo employees, handling agents, airport authorities and other suppliers to ensure that they are conversant with EK’s operational requirements and procedures (including Special Handling) in order to maximize cargo uplifts and optimize the utilization of capacity with the requisite service standards, cost efficiencies, and revenue generation.
- Ensure compliance with company and industry rules, policies and procedures for safe, secure and efficient operations.
- Contribute to the compilation and production of annual revenue and expenditure budgets for the department with the objective of increasing productivity and profitability.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Qualifications & Experience
- Logistics/Cargo. Air Cargo
- Educated to Degree (or equivalent) with at least 10 years experience in a Cargo Operations & Sales environment, including at least 5 years in a management role.
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods regulations and Advanced Load Contol and currently holds/has – previously held licenses in these areas
- Knowledge of the regional cargo environment
- Proven ability to lead and develop staff
- PC based skills including Microsoft Word/ Excel/ E-mail/ Powerpoint
- Ability to interpret and analyze data – Valid driving license
Please note that you must have the right to live and work in Senegal as the company will not assist with permits and visas.