Chief Commercial Officer
- Develop, implement, monitor and continuously improve operational pricing strategies.
- Abide by all reference of quality and/or standards that are laid out in different areas of service providers that meet the safety, operational and commercial objective of the airline.
- Establish and track the performance of market-level inventory strategies, with the goal of identifying and exploiting revenue opportunities in a highly competitive pricing environment.
- Analyse market forces such as passenger demand and other macroeconomic conditions and competitive forces impacting the network.
- Monitor competitor route and pricing strategies to formulate and adjust Air Seychelles’ competitive strategy.
- Understand the unique political and economic circumstances of Seychelles and adapt pricing and revenue strategy accordingly.
- Develop, implement, and maintain proper policies and processes for sales and revenue management. Ensure that the relevant policies support the commercial requirements of the business.
- Represent the Commercial branch with other business units and external stakeholders.
- Oversee the development/refinement and training of Air Seychelles’ Pricing and Revenue Management teams.
- Create and establish more efficient distribution channels, including assessing the e-commerce presence of the airline.
- Create and maintain relationships with key decision makers within DMCs, agencies and corporates.
- Develop seasonal schedules and annual business plan schedule.
- Manage the planning, developing, and implementation of Air Seychelles’ domestic and international flight schedules.
- Review and manage new product development. Define product for any new aircraft and work with the General Manager of Operations on entry into service.
- Understand connection availability, minimum connection times, and other reservation system rules and liaise with other key stakeholders to optimize.
- Ensure accurate loading of flight schedules in all booking engines and schedule distribution system (Sabre).
- Create and build a long-term vision from a network and fleet planning aspect.
- Establish the most appropriate customer segmentation and devise most effective sales strategy for market segments.
- Develop and implement commercial channel shift strategy to direct sales.
- Develop marketing strategy to reinforce that shift away from more traditional spend.
- Deliver reductions in cost of sale and distribution costs.
- Develop and drive sales of ancillary revenue.
- Minimum 10 years’ related work experience, of which 5 years should be in a senior leadership role in a small airline
- In-depth understanding of airline economics and industry trends specific to regional carriers
- Significant hands-on experience with airline pricing and yield management tools, yield forecasting techniques and general airline economic data
- Detailed knowledge of distribution channels required, including experience in GDS and e-commerce
- Track record of identifying new revenue opportunities and increasing ancillary revenue
- Advanced knowledge of PROS or other similar revenue management system
- Ability to deliver stretch strategic goals through ruthless prioritisation and focus on results
- First-hand experience in organizational change management and transformation, with the ability to identify and promote viable and courageous transformational strategies for delivering value growth
- Ability to inspire others around a motivational vision- win hearts and minds in order to deliver transformational changes
- Ability to influence at the highest levels and through coaching and development, build world-class teams
- Exceptional people management skills; Management experience with a proven ability to build, lead and motivate a culturally diverse team
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Demonstrated budget management competencies
- Proven negotiation skills
- Excellent decision-making abilities- Ability to make impactful decision quickly
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to work under pressure
- Working experience in Africa/Indian Ocean region