REPORTS TO: CHIEF LEGAL COUNSEL
DUTY STATION: DAR ES SALAAM.
ROLE PURPOSE STATEMENT:
To provide legal advice to the company on matters relating to Contracts & Compliance.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES /RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and maintain Contract Database as well as sign off sheet folder
• Provides accurate and comprehensive legal advice to the airline on matters pertaining to its business
• Implements, and supports the work functions of the departments in meeting company targets.
• Draft, vet and negotiate contracts on behalf of the company
• Give legal opinion as required by the supervisor
• Prepare pleadings and submissions in the manner that safeguards the company position
• Securing and preserving company interests
• Attend court cases or other meetings on behalf of the company as directed by Supervisor
• Develop effective working relationships with key user departments to ensure their needs are understood and appropriate solutions developed that support business needs.
• Ensure Company is compliant to governing authorities, national, regional and international organization rules and policies
• Perform other duties related to the above as may be assigned by the supervisor
• 95% of all disputes resolved receive a positive evaluation.
• Company Contracts are fully protective of company interests and aligned to legal best practices
• Not more than 3 notices on penalties or default for compliance
• All external counsel makes quarterly progress reports
• Effective legal advice and opinions on an ad hoc basis
• A high level of concentration and organisation
• Ability to apply a methodical approach to analysing and rectifying user queries, understanding consequences of actions
• Ability to manipulate and produce required information in a timely manner
• Ability to multi-task, prioritise and manage competing demands
• Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
• Customer insight
• Result focus
• Strategic thinking
• High level of Integrity
• Good analytical skills
• Attention to detail
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
• The holder of a Bachelor Degree in Law [LL.B]
• A registered and Practicing Advocate.
• A minimum of three years of experience in corporate law practice from a reputable organization.
• Excellent command of English and Kiswahili languages
• Excellent analytical skills
• Proactive and ability to work under pressure
• Results and performance oriented with commitment to the realization of the airline’s strategic objectives
• Knowledge of application computer packages (Ms word, excel, etc.) and internet applications
• Knowledge of aviation industry is an added advantage
Mode of Application:
If you feel you meet the above requirements please send your application and CV to the address below. Only short‐listed applicants will be contacted.
Director of Human Resources and Administration
Precision Air Services Plc
Mail Box 70770
Dar es Salaam