In this position, you will have indirect control and overall authority over the Line and Base division of the A.M.O., License privileges and the staff associated therewith.
This includes all the facilities and the continued maintenance thereof and you will be directly responsible for the division’s activities to the Chief Inspector – Line and Base Maintenance.
1. The minimum education requirement is a Grade 12 certificate or equivalent.
2. SACAA Licensed AME.
3. Maintain a valid and current C of A at all times.
4. Will have a proven track record as a competent troubleshooter.
5. Have good knowledge of the CATS and CARS.
6. Be fully conversant with the AMO’s MOE and Procedures.
7. Held a Chief Inspector, Crew Chief or any senior position.
1. Maintain a fleet of modern turbine-powered aircraft, in all disciplines.
2. All maintenance must be carried out in accordance with all of the relevant instructions, procedures and SACAA regulations.
3. The employee shall be accountable for ensuring operations are conducted in accordance with applicable regulations and standards of the Operator and within the confines of the AOC and relevant operational specifications.
4. Responsible for the OHS in their area of responsibility and accountability reporting into this role.
5. Accountable for aviation safety and security in their area of responsibility and accountability.
1. Responsible for the dispatch reliability of the fleet and monitor to company standards.
2. Provide input in defect rectification daily with the Crew Chief, discuss troubleshooting steps for defect rectification.
3. Monitoring all defects reported by the flight crew for appropriate rectification action taken by reviewing the Technical Logs. Review Technical Logs for compliance with procedures and regulations.
4. Monitoring deferred defects for expiry and monitor availability of replacement parts.
5. Troubleshooting and issuing work instructions for recurring defects and instituting preventative maintenance actions.
6. Monitoring daily parts removed during troubleshooting and recertifying them when defects have not been resolved
7. Presenting on the job training to AMEs on aircraft systems that prove to be a challenge to AMEs or have caused delays.
8. Shall provide KPIs to Chief Inspector on a quarterly base.
9. Shall be directly involved in troubleshooting defects causing ATO, RTR and ATB. Sign off after defect rectification or provide instructions to release aircraft. Provide the reports when required.
10. Shall carry out a regular physical inspection of the aircraft and compile a defect sheet in order to keep the standard high.
11. Shall assist MCC and outstation Leaders with advise when defects arise and shipment of spares in the case of a breakdown away from the base.
12. Action IQSMS findings timeously.
13. Meet inbound aircraft with reported or any significant defects and obtain additional information from crew to assist with troubleshooting.
14. Approve the daily aircraft allocation when on shift.
15. Liaise with OEM’s regarding recurring defects.
16. Man the MCC function as per allocated shifts. Provide assistance to OCC liaison personnel.
17. Monitor the activities of the avionic workshop.
18. Perform monitoring functions as per the reliability and ETOPS procedure.
19. Responsibilities must be carried out in accordance with Company Standards as laid out in the manuals of procedure, and Occupational Health and Safety Standards.
20. Will assist with any additional tasks within the contexts of the job description.
CV FOR THE ATTENTION OF:JOHNNY ROUSE
ONLY REFERENCE NUMBER TO BE QUOTED AS SUBJECT: FM135/145-L&B-0218
APPLICATIONS MUST REACH US NO LATER THAN: THURSDAY 8 FEBRUARY 2018
PLEASE TAKE NOTE:
PERMANENT EMPLOYEES OF THE S A AIRLINK GROUP OF COMPANIES WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE FIRST INSTANCE THEREAFTER EXTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.
APPLICANTS WHO HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF THE CLOSING DATE CAN ASSUME THAT THEY WERE NOT SHORTLISTED FOR AN INTERVIEW AND ARE HEREBY THANKED FOR THEIR APPLICATION