Reports to Chief Flight Operations Inspector
Location: Head Office
The position exists to regulate, licence, certify and participate in setting safety standards for flight
operations in the country in accordance with ICAO SARPS.
Duties and responsibilities
1. Examines and reviews procedures submitted by operators on application for the issue or
renewal of Air Operators‟ Certificate
2. Refers to established procedures for review.
3. Approves operations and training manuals of air operators
4. Examines submitted manuals while referring to CAA and ICAO guidelines
5. Originates aeronautical information circulars and disseminates them.
6. Flight tests pilots for:-
7. Conducts oral examinations for the issuance and renewal of Instructor and Assistant Instructor
8. Checks and signs the following licences:
9. Administers Aviation Regulations.
10. Supervises flight operators to ensure compliance with national and international standards.
11. Maintains proficiency in relevant aircraft
12. Maintains technical proficiency on relevant aircraft
13. Flight tests for Certificate of Airworthiness
14. Develops Instrument Let-down procedures in conjunction with Chief Flight Operations
15. Produces Flight Manual Performance charts in consultation with Chief Flight Operations
16. Produces Flight Safety Circulars in consultation with Chief Flight Operations Inspector
17. Investigates breaches of Regulations such as Low Flying, airmanship, rear misses and Air
Traffic Services contraventions
18. Flies the CAAZ aircraft on inspection visits and air navigation calibrations and Maintains
records in connection with CAA aircraft
19. Approves Operations Manuals and Load Sheets
Qualifications and Skills