Kenya Airways Vacancies – Lubumbashi
ROLE PURPOSE STATEMENT
By delegation of authority, to ensure a safe, healthy and secure ground services operation at the station in compliance with regulatory requirements, company policies, and the local airport authority while on temporary assignment. Monitor that standards of punctuality and customer service are delivered by third parties as per contract and Service Level agreement and in accordance with the company policies and procedures and relevant regulatory authorities.
As the Accountable Station Manager, ensure the continuous implementation of the station management system and maintain safety and security in the station.
- Ensure communication of standards to all station staff, Ground Handling staff and all other service providers and adherence at all time.
- Drive “on Time Performance” culture within the airport team and constantly engage all stakeholders to maintain the highest performance.
- Ensure that the Load Control procedures and loading supervision responsibilities are correctly undertaken as per company policies and also document the station process flow.
- Ensure that customer service is delivered to a high standard that meets our customer needs and expectation.
- Manage station costs in line with the budget and implement all cost-saving initiatives as determined and communicated
- Support and develop a high-performance team capable of achieving results by meeting the set benchmarks with minimum supervision.
- Liaise with relevant authorities and ensure conformity with all regulatory requirements, organization standards, and local procedures.
- Represent Kenya Airways at AOC meetings to address airport facilitation issues.
- Promote company image to enhance public relations, visibility in the market and customer loyalty
- Interpret and monitor safety standards, regulations and security awareness
- As the accountable manager, ensure corrective action is taken based on audit findings and/or risk assessment analysis
- Where necessary, file flight plan to comply with legal and company requirements to ensure aircraft operations safety
- Promote, embrace and maintain a positive safety culture, a healthy and secure working environment in compliance with company procedures and regulatory authorities
- Identify and report hazards, near misses, incident, and accidents as well as maintaining a risk register in the station.
- Prepare monthly reports on Ground Handling activity.
- Manage and be responsible for the implementation of the Local Emergency Accident Procedures plan.
- Adhere to KQ WAY principals and best practices in your station.