Air Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd seeks to appoint a dynamic and professional incumbent to the position
of Manager – Flight Operations.
KEY RESULT AREAS (KRAs)
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the duties for the position are shown hereunder;
• Responsible for the flight operations departments to ensure legal, safe and efficient
• Develop and enforce company policies and ensure compliance with all rules and
regulations governing flight.
• Provide direction and coordinate the activities of the Flight Operations Department.
• Maintaining compliance with conditions and restrictions of the Air Operator’s
Certificate (AOC), applicable Regulatory requirements and standards established by Air
Zimbabwe and approved by CAAZ.
• Maintains and ensures that flight safety standards comply with Civil Aviation Authority
of Zimbabwe (CAAZ), ICAO Operations and IOSA requirements.
• Develop annual operating plans to assure the proper allocation of resources to the Flight
Operations Department (funds for capital and expense budgets, manpower and skill
levels, material, facilities, etc.).
• Responsible for any corrective action resulting from the quality compliance monitoring
or auditing of flight operations management system functions
• Select, develop, motivate and appraise flight operations personnel to ensure that Flight
Operations Department goals objectives are met.
• Develop the annual budget for the Flight Operations Department and exercise control
over expenditures without compromising safety and quality requirements.
• Institute adequate quality, safety, and security procedures in Flight operations
• Set, produce and advise on flight training policy and the Flight Crew Training Policy
• Manage the required training facilities (STDs and Ground School) and resources.
• Provide technical and flight training to specified standards for pilots and dispatchers.
• Roistering and crew scheduling
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A pilot with at least ten (10) years relevant experience in the field, five (5) of which
should have been at Command level.
• ATPL holder with a CAAZ flight Crew license (P1) with a minimum of 5000 hours
• Alternatively a relevant diploma/degree in aviation aeronautical engineering with at least ten
(10) years relevant experience in the field, five (5) of which should have been at
• Intensive knowledge of ICAO, CAAZ regulations and standards and IOSA ISARPS
• Must be a result-focused person of integrity with exceptional interpersonal
Application letters, accompanied by a comprehensive CV, with traceable references and
certified copies of qualifications and transcripts should be forwarded not later than 16
November 2018 to:
The A/Chief Executive Officer
Air Zimbabwe (Pvt) Ltd
P.O. Box AP1