Role Purpose Statement:
Monitor that standards of punctuality and customer service are delivered by third parties as per contract and Service Level agreement and in accordance with the company policies and procedures and relevant regulatory authorities.
- Oversee efficient passenger handling at check-in, boarding, and arrivals for positive pleasant customer experience.
- Direct, Monitor and control the departure process for the on-time departure of flights within the established safety procedures.
- Conduct internal audit/spot checks to ensure compliance with safety and security procedures, service standards and recommended practices.
- To lead, motivate, develop and support staff to achieve optimal staff productivity.
- To maintain good relations with other airlines and airport stakeholders to facilitate smooth KQ operations.
- Planning, briefing, supervision and efficient allocation of tasks and responsibilities to staff for optimal shift performance.
- Make decisions and carry through effective service recovery actions with regards to flight over sales such as re-routing, DBC, and upgrades.
- Makes decisions and carry through effective service recovery actions with regards to service delivery issues and OTI’s arising from misconnections/flight delays.
- Ensure third party service providers meet customer requests to archive full passenger satisfaction and comfort.
- Consult, communicate and Disseminate information as appropriate to passengers, staff and third party service providers so as to eliminate lapse in service recovery resulting from lack of communication.
- Prepare and file regular flight handling and other reports for effective management information/missing baggage.
- Deputise the station manager when he/she is not on duty.
- Embrace and maintain a positive safety culture, a healthy and secure working environment in compliance with company procedures and regulatory authorities.
- Identify and report hazards, near misses, incident, and accidents.
- Adhere to KQ WAY principals and best practices.
- Customer focused & result oriented
- Team player
- High integrity
- Ability to lead, guide and make decisions
- Good communication skills
- Confident, decisive & proactive
- Revenue & cost sensitive
- Ability to work under pressure in a dynamic environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE:
- University graduate or relevant Higher Diploma with experience in all round airport handling with at least 3yrs in a supervisory role.
- Computer literate
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to lead, guide & motivate a team
- Strong analytical skills
- Good planner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Foreign language is an added advantage.