REPORTS TO: HEAD OF HUMAN RESOURCES & ADMINISTRATION
DUTY STATION: DAR ES SALAAM
ROLE PURPOSE STATEMENT:
The HR Business Partner, reporting into the Head of HR, will be accountable for driving the HR agenda in theCOMMERCIAL& ENGDepartments, with specific responsibility for implementing elements of the integrated capability strategy for the COMMERCIAL & ENG departments.
Outputs and Accountabilities
Be accountable for communicating, implementing and embedding the core HR processes in the COMMERCIAL & ENG departments:
Implement the talent processes to support the current and future development and deployment needs of the departments in line with strategies and plans
Support the recruitment process, including ensuring effective on boarding
• Implement talent management solutions that will underpin business priorities
• Train and support managers on the quality and outputs of talent management processes & principles
• Consolidate talent data and input to the departments’ talent processes.
• Develop consistent communications to support the effective adoption of the performance management process, explaining the rationale and what is required from managers and employees
• Support individuals and managers in developing team and individual goals that are relevant to their department and aligned to business priorities and customer requirements
• Coach managers to build strong individual and team performance on a regular basis
• Ensure a common understanding and consistent application of the rating scale, and build managers’ capability and confidence in using the scale
• Coach managers to have honest performance conversations during 1on1 meetings, mid-year and year end reviews
• Support managers in making appropriate performance rating decisions, and communicating the reasons and outcomes of these decisions effectively.
• Ensure that all change initiatives focus on behavioral and engagement aspects during pre and post implementation
• Support the communication and stakeholder engagement of the change vision and journey to staff, including challenges, risks, and benefits
• Anticipate barriers to change and risks, and work to remove these
• Work with leaders to assess the capability of their team/s and help develop capacity building plans (covering recruitment, training, coaching, communication, etc.)
• Support the implementation of anchoring plans, tracking and monitoring its success and adjust as needed.
Learning & Development
• Liaise with Line to ensure optimized development processes are implemented to standard. This involves supporting the Performance Management processes to establish need state and thereafter supporting the competence development process and application of common tools to track competence growth in each unit of the business.
• Provide custody services for all employee training data and manage operational cost and quality.
• Work with managers and staff to ensure they understand the importance of L&D and how it supports them
• Curricula and solution design are up to standard. Training content creation/ customization in line with global principles
• Coach Managers in providing feedback and creating development plans with staff.
• Ensure L&D strategy development and execution (including alignment of business needs with available funds/ Evaluation of Training implemented – RoI)
• Ensure training delivery in line with an agreed plan
Compensation & Benefits
• Deliver communications that reinforce consistent messages regarding C&B
• Keep abreast of legislative changes that impact C&B and consider how they may affect local practice
• Work with leaders in COMMERCIAL & ENG to ascertain C&B requirements for key individuals in their respective teams
• Adhere to all IR policies and practices in the COMMERCIAL & ENG departments
• Manage and facilitate potential conflict situations to achieve legal and ethical consensus
• Manage the resolution of employee relations issues in COMMERCIAL & ENG, with support from the HR Director
• Support and coach managers in understanding and dealing with industrial relations issues.
• Review feedback from various business reports [e.g. exit interviews, KPI scorecards] to understand issues associated with engagement in COMMERCIAL & ENG departments
• Coach managers to use all opportunities (e.g. 1:1’s, career discussions) to shape strong engagement
• Be the employees’ advocate.
• Track record of building good relationships and credibility with business leaders based on solid commercial understanding and an ability to identify customer needs and go beyond just delivering defined HR solutions
• Ability to solve business problems pragmatically and at speed – assimilating issues and ideas into clear requirements, generating solutions based on own insight or learning
• Personal and career maturity to comfortably guide and coach leaders and managers
• Strong communication, engagement, and interpersonal skills – delivers impactful messages and influences outcomes
• Experience in aligning structure, process, and routines to implement and anchor changes
• Sound familiarity with good HR specialist disciplines and how to best leverage these – ranging from talent management and career development, recruitment, performance management, organizational development and design, compensation and benefits, to learning and development
• Ability to get work done and make a difference i.e. performing and delivering business-oriented HR solutions and approaches through influence, coordination, and individual effort
• A bias for action and speed, and a track record of delivering in a resourceful manner
• Experience in commercial business roles would be advantageous, assisting the incumbent in shaping a commercial mindset within HR
• A relevant HR or business-related degree and postgraduate qualification would be advantageous
• Knowledge of local labor legislation and experience in labor relations would be an advantage
Not later than 22nd July 2018
Mode of Application:
If you feel you meet the above requirements please send your application and CV to the
address below. Only short‐listed applicants will be contacted.
Head of Human Resources and Administration
Precision Air Services Plc
Mail Box 70770
Dar es Salaam