RwandAir Limited is the flag carrier airline of Rwanda. It operates domestic and international services to East Africa, Central Africa, West Africa, Southern Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Europe from its main base at Kigali International Airport. RwandAir has a second hub in Cotonou, Benin that serves the Central and West African markets. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed, safe and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world, while ensuring a fair return on investment. As part of the expansion strategy we are looking for interested, qualified and competent candidates to fill the following position:
1. Job Title: Payroll Officer
2. Reports to: Manager Payroll and Staff Benefits
3. General Description
Responsible for preparing the payroll, staff benefits, welfare, and social services.
4. Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform daily payroll department operations;
- Manage workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are proceeding accurately and timely;
- Prepare on a monthly basis the information needed to update the payroll and submit it to the payroll Manager every month;
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate paid benefits;
- Ensure that remuneration levels, structure, and benefits remain competitive;
- Handle all matters about welfare and social services (medical insurances, injuries, weddings, death allowances);
- Prepare the terminal benefits to close the files of exit staff;
- Staff Loan Management;
- Inform the Bank when a staff member resigns or if the company terminates his/her employment contract;
- Understand the proper taxation of employee benefits.
5. Desired Profile: Required Education, Experience and Abilities
- Degree in Management with specialization in finance or accounting;
- At least 2 Years of relevant experience in a corporate company;
- Proficient in relevant computer software;
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English and working knowledge of French is an added advantage;
- Analytical thinking, good interpersonal and attention to details;
- Conversant with Salaries and benefits preparations systems and procedures;
- High level of Integrity and Confidentiality;
- Must have a clear understanding of the Rwanda labor law.
6. How to apply:
- An application letter addressed to General Manager -Human Resources;
- Recent Curriculum Vitae;
- Relevant certificates;
- A photocopy of the national identity card;
- One passport photo;
- Three referees.
The deadline for submitting application documents is November 9th, 2018 at 4 pm local time at the front desk of our head office located at Kigali International Airport, Main Airport building.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.