RwandAir Limited is the flag carrier Airline of Rwanda. It operates domestic and international services to East Africa, Central Africa, West Africa, Southern Africa and the Middle East from its main base at Kigali International Airport. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed, safe and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world, while ensuring a fair return on investment. As part of the expansion strategy we are looking for interested, qualified and competent candidates to fill the following position:
Reports to: Station Manager
Reandair Driver Job Purpose
The purpose is for transportation of people and courier from the company to the Customers, and responsible for the safe driving of company vehicles in an efficient, effective while ensuring the internal and external good service.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive company vehicles ensuring safety, comfort, punctuality, and compliance with traffic laws and regulations;
- Drive company vehicle on schedules routes to transport individuals from the airport and other desired locations;
- Maintain per day, mileage and vehicle maintenance;
- Drive an assigned route to transport individuals to and from various human service locations, work sites, educational institutions, medical facilities, grocery stores, drug stores, and other locations;
- Assist passengers in getting in and out of vehicles and other courtesies;
- Represent and uphold company image ensuring customer satisfaction;
- Keep company vehicles clean and in good conditions at all times;
- Plan the daily activity according to the schedule staff visits and guests;
- Fulfill special requests of the office by picking up and delivering items and couriers as directed;
- Perform related duties as required;
- Report maintenance problems to supervisor;
- Be fully responsible for the company vehicle while on duty;
Desired Profile: Required Education, Experience and Abilities
- At least Two years of experience in Driving
- At least completed Secondary education, ( Senior 6 )
- Driving license category: B
Competencies and Skills
- Ability to follow detailed oral and written instructions including policies and procedures, operating manuals and maintenance manuals.
- Knowledge of transport routes in both urban and rural areas in the country and ability to interpret road maps and rough hand has drawn sketches
- Ability to interpret and comply with safety codes, traffic rules, regulations, and safe operating practices.
- Ability to perform safety inspections, recognize and report mechanical problems, perform preventive maintenance check (oil, and all fluid levels, tire pressure) etc.
- Ability to maneuver the vehicle in tight spaces, judging distance in congested and confined positions;
- Ability to lift and load/offload heavy goods and demonstrate complete knowledge of materials transported and their characteristics in order to deliver material safely to job location taking into account weight restrictions.
How to apply:
- An application letter addressed to Ag. General Manager -Human Resources;
- Recent Curriculum Vitae;
- Relevant certificates;
- A photocopy of the identity card;
- Driving license category B
- One passport photos;
- Three referees
The deadline for submitting application documents is July 12th, 2018 at 4 pm local time at Rwenzori Courts, Gr.floor, Lumumba Avenue at Kampala
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and all candidates must respect the Application process.