RwandAir Limited is the flag carrier airline of Rwanda. It operates domestic and international services to East Africa, Central Africa, West Africa, Southern Africa, the Middle East, Asia and Europe from its main base at Kigali International Airport. RwandAir has a second hub in Cotonou, Benin that serves the Central and West African markets. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed, safe and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world, while ensuring a fair return on investment. As part of the expansion strategy, we are looking for interested, qualified and competent candidates to fill the following position: Security Agent
Duties and Responsibilities
• Has authority to make spot decision and report immediately to his/her superiors
• Conduct security operations on the ground during his/her shift, such as security of screened baggage, aircraft security search and checks, security of aircraft on the ground and ensure the security of in-flight catering.
• Report incident/accident at the place of work to put in place appropriate preventive and corrective actions.
• Ensures that passenger’s baggage, cargo, mail, and courier are safe and protected from the warehouse to aircraft and vice-versa to ensure that there is no act of unlawful interference.
• Ensures that there is the proper screening of cargo and freight so that it is made known from unknown.
• Ensures proper handling, carriage of firearms, dangerous, goods and valuables in compliance with set standards.
• Reports safety and hazards, incidents identified during the operations
• Reports security threats and incidents that occurred during the operations.
• Execute specific tasks as assigned by Deputy Security Manager Operations or Security Supervisor
• Ensures implementation of security processes, systems, and procedures in accordance with approved International / National Aviation Security Program.
• Liaise with other security staffs working at the Airport on all issues pertaining to aviation security in order to enhance effective and efficient implementation of the RwandAir Security Program.
Desired Profile: Required education and experience:
• Minimum education level must have a university degree in any field
• A sound knowledge of aviation security,
• A good knowledge of criminal procedure and investigation skills,
• Familiar with Rwandair operations,
• Conflict Management Skills.
• Basic Computer Skills.
• Inter-personal skills.
• Leadership skills
• Strong social skills;
• Strong communication skills; include reading, writing, and fluent communication in English and one of the popular local language,
• Ability to deal with stress;
• Physical and mental fitness;
• A good memory and ability to concentrate;
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team or alone;
• Ability to be assertive and effective;
How to apply
• An application letter addressed to Ag. General Manager -Human Resources;
• Recent Curriculum Vitae;
• Relevant certificates;
• A photocopy of Rwanda national identity card;
• One passport photos;
• Three referees
The deadline for submitting application documents is May 11, 2018 at 4 pm local time at the front desk of our head office located at Kigali International Airport, Top Floor building or on below email address.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.