Would You Like To Be A Senior Legal Manager For Rwandair?
About This Job
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide sound legal advice to the Company and make recommendations to executive management where necessary;
• Research and prepare legal opinions on various matters including claims against the Company;
• Draft, negotiate and vet contracts on behalf of the Company to protect its interests;
• Develop effective working relationships with key user departments to ensure their needs are understood and appropriate solutions developed that support business needs;
• Prepare proposals to lobby the Government and other aviation bodies on pending legislation to protect and /or improve RwandAir’s business environment;
• Advise on matters that should be directed to external counsel and liaise with and assist external Counsel in the discharge of its legal representation obligations to the Company;
• Assist in the formulation, implementation and/or amendment of Company policies as required;
• Ensure Company’s compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements to avoid legal penalties;
• Ensure disputes are resolved in a manner that safeguards the Company’s position and image in compliance with local and international laws and aviation regulations
Desired Profile: Required Education, Experience and Abilities
• A Master’s Degree in Law with at least 2 years of relevant managerial legal experience in government, international organizations or a private law firms.
• Must have a clear understanding of the Company law of Rwanda.
• Proven track record of providing effective legal counsel to management.
• Ability to work without close supervision, i.e., must have initiatives, strong decision-making, problem solving and analytical thinking skills and abilities to exercise independent judgment.
• Must have the ability to exercise confidentiality (critical), understanding and sensitivity.
• Ability to handle multi-tasks and prioritize work in relation to needs and urgency and meet tight deadlines.
• Analytical, strong business processing.
• Strong presentation, communication and report writing skills.
• Fluency in written and spoken English and working knowledge of French is an added advantage.
How to apply
• An application letter addressed to The Ag. General Manager -Human Resources, Rwandair, Kigali International Airport, Main Airport building, Rwanda
• Recent Curriculum Vitae with the 3 referees;
• Relevant certificates;
• A photocopy of Rwanda national identity card;
• 2 Recommendation Letters