RwandAir Limited is the flag carrier airline of Rwanda. It operates domestic and international services to East Africa, Central Africa, West Africa, Southern Africa and the Middle East from its main base at Kigali International Airport. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed, safe and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world, while ensuring a fair return on investment. As part of the expansion strategy we are looking for interested, qualified and competent candidates to fill the following position:
1. Job Title: Airport Services Agent
2. Reports to: Station Manager
3. Job Purpose
Assist to oversee day to day smooth and safe operations of flights
4. Duties and Responsibilities
• Plan tasks and assign them to the ground handling staff and ensure efficient, smooth operations
• Assist to monitor operations/activities handled by staff/handling agents to enhance efficient service delivery and maintain schedule integrity
• Liaise with other service providers to ensure safe operations and on time departure
• Prepare pre/post flight departure reports for records maintenance and performance analysis
• Brief/Debrief flight crew and handling agents to establish smooth flight operations
• Contribute to the definition and development of Rwandair products portfolio particularly Airport services
• Ensure all flights are handled in accordance with company standards and country’s laws for smooth and safe operations
• Ensure cost-effective service delivery within agreed scope and standards.
• To ensure that staff levels and shift patterns are optimized.
• To ensure a safe and secure environment in compliance with relevant legislative /industry requirement.
• To ensure suitability trained/qualified/competent staffs are placed through the working areas.
• Routine monitoring of safety and quality critical activities within areas of operations.
• Place catering orders based on booked loads to meet passenger needs/expectations
5. Desired Profile: Required Education, Experience and Abilities
• Hospitality diploma or certificates in Aviation-related fields.
• 3 years’ experience in Airport Handling Operation / the Travel Industry.
• Experienced planning and managing human and material resources.
Customer service experience hospitality/airline industry
• Knowledge of airport services and cargo operations.
• Commercial acumen with an overall knowledge of airline operations.
• An excellent command of English and/or language (written and verbal) is essential.
• Knowledge of IATA recommendations to airlines/travel agencies for selling in the market.
6. How to apply:
• An application letter addressed to the Country Manager,
• Recent Curriculum Vitae;
• Relevant certificates;
• A photocopy of national identity card;
• One passport photos;
• Three referees
The deadline for submitting application documents is May 25, 2018, at 4 pm local time at the front desk of our Office located in South Africa Johannesburg, 156 Bram Fischer Drive, Randburg.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
Only Local Citizens are Allowed to Apply.