Would you like to be a Station Accountant for Kenya Airways?
You will be responsible for
1) Ticket Stocks Management- Monitor ticket stock levels, ordering from Head office and reconcile with Sales agents / Kenya Airways selling locations; on a regular basis carry out a physical count of stock and reconcile to the records to ensure no loss
2) Balance daily sales return and raise cash receipts and bank daily sales in compliance with Treasury policy to prevent loss. Submit copies of return, and manual documents bank deposit slips and receipts to Head office to facilitate prompt reconciliation and allocation.
3) As the custodian of the station’s petty cash, monitor petty cash balances on a daily basis, reconcile petty cash balances to physical cash held to ensure no loss, request for replenishment in time to ensure Station neither run out of funds or holds excessive funds.
4) Review Station petty cash expense claims for validity, authenticity and proper supporting documentation and approval as per company policy before payment to the claimant.
5) Promptly scan and submit authenticated and validated supplier invoices to Head office for settlement to ensure suppliers are paid by due dates to avoid late payment penalties and impairment of the company’s reputation.
6) Check and Validate all DOC invoices to contract rate and operations statistics before submitting them to Head Office
7) In liaison with the sales offices, receive and promptly process ticket refund requests.
8) Print and dispatch invoices and statements promptly to customers and in liaison with Country Manager, follow up debtors for payment to ensure debts are collected as per credit policy and that credit limits are not exceeded.
9) Prepare and maintain assets records to ensure accuracy, completeness, and existence. Tag all assets with company tags at all times, periodically verify physical existence to ensure no loss
10) Ensure safe custody of cash and other Station accountable documents by locking them in safes under lock and key at all times in compliance with company policy to ensure no loss or misuse. Periodically carry out physical verification and reconcile to the records.
11) In liaison with Manager Insurance Services, place and periodically renew insurance policies for staff and assets at the station to ensure the company is not exposed to loss at any time
12) Advise Country/Area Manager on financial matters and provide required reports to support the commercial function.
13) Liaise with tax authorities and tax consultants/advisors and Tax Manager at Head Office as appropriate to ensure full compliance for smooth operations of the station
14) Ensure all station purchases are as per Kenya Airways procurement policy, support the station by quotes for the purchases while ensuring that Kenya Airways gets value for money
15) Co-ordinate audits at the station; statutory Audits, internal and external audits, and ensure timely closure of any audit items
16) Timely prepare station payroll and ensure all monthly inputs are submitted before 10th of the month
17) Prepare annual financial budget and provide an explanation of monthly variances between actual and budget
18) Support and ensure timely repatriation of funds from the station
3 years relevant accounting experience in a commercial environment
1) Proficiency in MS Office applications
2) Proficiency in English (spoken and written)
3) Good analytical skills
4) Practical working experience in use of accounting systems