REPORTS TO: LEAD OFFICER REVENUE CONTROL
DUTY STATION: DAR ES SALAAM
ROLE PURPOSE STATEMENT:
Responsible for developing and controlling Fares, Commercial procedures, Fares Training and management of Interline issues to ensure Company’s Revenue objectives are achieved.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
PRICING AND FARE FILING ISSUES
• Monitor, Control and drive pricing and inventory management strategies to deliver expected Yield, Revenues, RASK, and Passenger targets.
• Monitor route performance and recommend pricing actions to sales and “flag” problem areas to achieve optimum route performance.
• Gather and analyze all relevant data (on competition – pricing, yield, and traffic) per route to aid in decision making in the pricing process.
• Construct fares and rules that are suitable to the various market segments of Air travelers and attain fares approval for same.
• Direct filing of approved fares into ATPCO and Crane Pax and ensure PW fares are available for all relevant Distribution channels.
• Create Fares for all Tour operators and corporate contracts – this includes determining the best mix of discounts to be offered and administration of the contracts.
• Carry out sampling on a two weekly basis to check the status of the fares in the system vs uplifted coupons with any kind of under collections.
• Maintain a close Relationship with Revenue Accounts to identify discrepancies and analyze the root cause and implement corrective actions to safeguard company revenues.
• Manage new business from GSA’s, PSA’s and Corporates and maintain their contracts and Crane invoice accounts in liaison with finance.
INTERLINE & SPA ISSUES
• Control, prepare and negotiate all interline, IATA agreements e.g. MIBA (Multilateral Interline Business Agreements), ZED (Zonal employees Discount) to ensure smooth interline with other carriers.
• Identify, negotiate and administrate SPA and Code share and partners agreements that add value to the PW network and bottom line.
• Proactively initiate correspondence with partners to explore the possibility of negotiating enhancements to current SPAs and developing new SPAs and Interline Agreements that will promote PW new routes, as well as establish links between PW and other airline route networks.
• Liaise with sales areas to develop and seek IATA adoption and government approval of interline-able fares within specified regions to PW’s best possible advantage.
• Represent PW in IATA Tariffs Conferences and Airline workshops as the need arises.
• Develop and enhance Commercial Procedures and release Tariff notices as needed in order to enhance and protect PW revenues.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
• Training Precision Air staff and GSA‘s on Fares and ticketing procedures.
• Taking reasonable care of own safety and security and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omission while undertaking your duties/ tasks,
• Cooperating with the Company to enable it to comply with the relevant regulatory provisions and standards,
• Using, in the correct manner, all protective equipment and procedures provided by the company,
• Operating only that equipment on which they have been trained and qualified to operate
• Reporting to the company, without delay, any defects in procedures or equipment that they are aware of that might compromise safety.
• Taking all reasonable and practical measures, this may include the submission of safety reports, to prevent injury or fatality to themselves or other persons and damage to or loss of aircraft.
• Avoiding intentionally interfering with anything provided by the Company in the interest of safety
• Reporting any conflicts between safety and the operational goals of the Company
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Lead Officer / Revenue Manager.
• Good coordination with colleagues, communication and interpersonal relationships as well as team-work
• Timely and accurate filing of fares, for specified Tariffs and regions.
• Well maintained and documented Interline agreements –(SPAs, MITA, MIBA, and ZED interline traffic codeshare)
• Well managed efficient and financially secure IATA airline and agency relationship within specified regions.
• Consistent increases in IATA interline-able fares within a specified region.
• Proficient application of fares and ticketing rules and procedures
• Relevant and accurate input into the identification and negotiation with new partners
• Achievement of the annual Revenue budget plan
• Well – trained staff in Fares & Ticketing.
• Excellent Analysis and interpretational skills
• Proactive Team player with High integrity
• Excellent Communicator
• Excellent Computer skills
• Able to work with others
• Cross-cultural sensitivity
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor Degree or Diploma + IATA
• Three years work experience one of which must have been in a commercial environment
• Computer skills (Ms Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access)
• Good interpersonal and supervisory skills
• Good at planning and well organised.
• In-depth knowledge of Fares & Ticketing and Proration is an added advantage
Mode of Application:
If you feel you meet the above requirements please send your application and CV to the address below. Only short‐listed applicants will be contacted.
Head of Human Resources and Administration
Precision Air Services Plc
Mail Box 70770
Dar es Salaam