Would You Like To Be A Technician For Jambojet?
About This Job
- You will be based at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport
- Carry out inspection, repair, replacement tasks on aircraft & aircraft systems within his/her scope under the supervision of the maintenance engineer in accordance with KCAA and company regulations at an optimized cost for the business whilst upholding high safety standards to maintain schedule integrity.
• Assess defects on aircraft, troubleshoot, rectify and maintain schedule integrity.
• Carry out scheduled maintenance checks, Service Bulletins, and Airworthiness Directives tasks for timely release of aircraft within planned downtime for continued airworthiness.
• Carry out maintenance on cabin utilities for utmost customer satisfaction and comfort.
• Identify and requisition of the required parts.
• Report incidents/accident occurrences as per company procedures.
• Ensure that maintenance tasks are recorded accurately & signed for in order to maintain correct & up to date aircraft history /data.
• Adhere to company safety, health and environmental policy.
• Participate in aircraft towing to and from hangars by communicating with the tower.
• Apron control and operating the necessary aircraft systems for the safe and timely Movement of the aircraft.
• Carry out security checks as per engineering security document procedure.
• Ensure completion of OJT tasks and acquiring the aircraft licenses/approvals within allocated timelines to improve competency/ efficiency.
• Diploma in the relevant engineering discipline
• Single LWTR A&P or Avionics
• 3 years Apprenticeship program within an approved MRO
• In-depth knowledge of aircraft systems
• 3 years of working experience within the aircraft maintenance
• Strong customer focus and business acumen
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation verbal & written communication skills
• Able to work under pressure and manage time effectively
• Have a sense of urgency and attention to detail
• Team player, able to work both independently and with people at various levels and from different backgrounds
• Unquestionable integrity, confidentiality, and respect
• Positive, energetic self-starter with a high level of personal drive and resilience
• Proficiency in computer applications
• Knowledgeable of KCAA regulations
• Human factors knowledge
• Safety conscious