Would You Like To Be A Trainee Fire Fighter At CAAZ?
- To participate fully in training modules during the entire training period in order to be able to acquire skills for saving lives, property and provide humanitarian services during emergencies and any distress calls.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responds to emergency calls when required
- Participates in all training activities as instructed
- Carries out rescue and firefighting duties as directed
- Giving pre-hospital care to causalities (first aid) as directed
- Inspects, tests, services and maintains R.F.F.S equipment as instructed
- Tests/ Maintains, under the guidance of the leading firefighter, firefighting, rescue, and
emergency medical equipment in good working order to ensure serviceability during imminent
- Records and reports any defects discovered on equipment and ambulances to the Leading Fire
Fighter for remedial action.
- Participates in all forms of (R.F.F.S) drills, lectures, hot fire, emergency and disaster training
- Carries out familiarisation tours and inspection of airport facilities, buildings, water supplies,
aircraft, runway and firefighting systems.
Qualifications & Skills
- 5 ‘O’ levels passes including English language, Mathematics and Science
- Shall be in the age groups of 18-25 years
- Must be physically fit and will be required to pass RFFS fitness and aptitude tests.
- Possession of a clean class 2 or 4 Driver’s licence will be an added advantage.
- Cleared Security vetting certificate a pre-requisite