|Purpose and Context of the Job||This position is required to generate revenue, maximize productivity, maintain high service levels and reach targets through the fulfilment of email, phone, web and direct enquiries for new or existing customers.|
|Key Performance Areas||To ensure pre-payment is received by specified dates in order to avoid penalties & ensure bookings are still secure.
To customize itineraries, provisional bookings and quotations in order for the customer to use our product, secure a booking, and continue to book through us.
To deliver prompt, efficient and effective service within required timeframes in order to ensure customer satisfaction and repeat business.
To convert a maximum number of calls and enquiries into secured bookings which increase our revenue & margin.
To build relationships with suppliers in order to ensure the best possible rates and confirmed bookings.
To broaden and maintain product knowledge in order to extend the best possible service to customers.
To perform general administrative tasks required within the department.
To timeously process and ensure payment received from non – IATA international tour operators holding net fare.
|Requirements||• Grade 12 (Essential)
• Tertiary qualification in travel & tourism (Desirable)
• GDS qualification (Essential) Amadeus preferable
• 4 years’ experience within a Tour Operator (Wholesale travel department) handling domestic and regional travel reservations including all aspects of travel (accommodation, flights, activities and experiences) Essential
• Of which, 2 years’ experience reading & interpreting supplier contracts as well as costing of bookings and designing package itineraries (Essential)
• Of which, 2 years’ experience dealing with groups and/or conference bookings on a frequent basis (Desirable)
• Experience in handling safari packages and game lodge bookings within Southern Africa (Desirable)
• Inbound experience ( desirable)