A Wildlife Officer vacancy exists at King Shaka International Airport within the Environmental Safety division.
Key Performance Outputs
The successful candidate, reporting to the Senior Wildlife Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Collect all Wildlife data, conduct trend analysis and report findings.
- Collect and analyse rainfall data to mitigate risk.
- Monitor physical wellbeing of working dogs and action when necessary.
- Ensure serviceability and safeguarding of relevant facilities, vehicle and equipment.
- Adhere to relevant statutory/legislative regulations, SOP’s, operational standards, ACSA policies and procedures, employee manual and Service Level Agreements/MOU to ensure business continuity.
- Attend relevant committee meetings.
- Proper collection and disposal of wildlife remain to ensure compliance with legislation.
- Monitor and ensure vegetation is kept to acceptable levels.
- Monitor and identify ditches, trenches and damming areas on the airfield and escalate.
- Capture relocate and cull wildlife when required.
- Conduct inspections and controls to reduce potential hazards and take remedial action.
- Collect evidence for investigation purposes relating to wildlife strikes.
- Build support and maintain healthy diverse internal and external relationships and implement remedial actions where required to ensure achievement of organisational goals.
- Facilitate and coordinate educational wildlife awareness programmes.
- Attend mandatory aviation training as per policies, procedures and legislative requirements
Technical Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience or the equivalent of such will be required:
- The candidate must be in possession of Matric (Grade 12) and a relevant higher certificate or diploma
- Code B Driver License
- Basic Microsoft Office Skills
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, statutory requirements and standard operating procedures.
- The suitable candidate must possess good planning and organizing skills and be an achiever who is detailed orientated. The nature of the job requires problem-solving abilities to actively manage stakeholder relationships.
- The incumbent must also have the ability to inspire a future and lead internal and external stakeholders through excellent communication skills