Key Responsibilities of the Job
You will work closely with the VP Marketing / Sales and will be responsible for the following:
- Develop and implement the global strategy for the development and management of the online business both brand and e-commerce.
- Responsible for the development and performance of the online business working with key people within the organization as well as external 3rd party agencies working to aggressive growth targets on an annual basis.
- Development and execution of the online marketing activities to drive the business.
Allocation and presentation of e-commerce sites.
- Budget management including all creative and other costs. (Supervised by the Marketing & Communication Manager).
- Overseeing product offer and ensuring sales are maximized and content delivered effectively.
- Ensuring constant update of new technologies and strategies to ensure the brand remains at the forefront of online with the designer arena.
- Produce revenue, unit and gross profit and operating cost targets annual budget.
- Prepare and execute planning calendar for each season, promotions and mailer campaigns.
- Set KPI benchmarks from analytics and competitive analysis.
- Operations & analysis
- Ensure website is always operational liaising.
- Ensure all information copy, product and non-product, is current and accurate.
Manage and monitor sales
- Track traffic and sales performance throughout the whole website amending where necessary to increase sales.
- Analyse customer demographics and guests behaviour to monitor trends and future sales growth
- Explore analytic software opportunities to include visitor activity, emailer campaign effectiveness, in-site search engines and linked sales.
- Monitor monthly accounts, analysing and reporting on variances ensuring all costs are controlled to budget levels
- Regularly review competitive websites in terms of product range, marketing initiatives, and functionality and customer offerings (delivery costs/lead-times, packaging etc).
• In coordination with VP Marketing Communication Manager, select new season images and produce copy for product description and prices ensuring all details are correct.
• Prepare and write copy for all mailer campaigns in conjunction with collaboration with VP Marketing Communication Manager.
• Monitor sales, stock and gross margin report by division, concept and product group, for review with Merchandising/Retail operations.
• Explore opportunities to increase traffic to website through paid and unpaid initiatives while adhering to brand values.
• Prepare and write copy for all mailer campaigns in conjunction with collaboration VPO Marketing Communication
• Manage relationship with respective agencies to ensure rates and services are competitive.
• Review annually carrier/postage, packaging and delivery options costs and Efficiency
Ensure promotions are communicated in advance to the warehouse to plan for extra volumes/ headcount to maintain service
- Customer Service:
o Ensure all service criteria are met investigating any anomalies with the warehouse or credit and report back to customers.
o Manage and monitor undelivered orders, credit notes, refunds, exchanges, customer emails
- Report on KPIs and other issues and take remedial action where necessary:
• Â-Sales, gross margin, traffic, bounce/abandon rate, visitors /country, conversion, ATV, number of baskets, UPT, stock cover
• Â-Returns/credit, delivery, complaints
• Monitor sales, stock and gross margin report by division, concept and product group, for review with Merchandising/Retail operations
It is essential that the candidate have an extensive experience in E-commerce retail and experience of the following:
- Site development, technical and aesthetic
- Ideally educated to degree or equivalent in business/analytical/Airlines business.
- Need to have 7-8 years’ of experience in similar business environment, travel and tourism business.
- Fulfilment strategies, Analytical and numerate skills
- Site development of E com and branding knowledge
- Technical expertise
- Knowledge of CS, Marketing
- Â-Must have IT skills in stock control systems (WSSI, SAP etc), MS Office, analytics (Google, Omniture/Mercado etc)
- Advantageous to have experience with SEO, PPC, HTML, image software (Photoshop, Illustrator etc)
- Knowledge of industry standards and requirements eg technical limitations,
Student Intern-Fuel Management
The purpose of the Student Attachment Program is to provide an opportunity for university and college students to become familiar with the operations of Kenya Airways, and to acquire work experience at a professional level through on-the-job training during vacations before resuming your studies.
During the internship, students shall be placed in one of the departments or units of the specified Kenya Airways department, and, to the extent possible, shall be given assignments relevant to their current studies. Before the end of the program, the interns must submit a brief report about their experience/ learning in Kenya Airways and provide ideas and suggestions that can help improve the Program in future years.
QualificationsDocumentation that will be required should you be selected for the internship are:
- Letter from learning institution requesting for internship and confirming that this is part of the course requirement.
- Original and copy of KCSE/GCSE/O’level Certificate.
- Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Insurance cover
Conditions of Internship:
Kenya Airways does not provide medical insurance cover for Interns. Those selected for the internship will be required to submit proof of medical insurance while at Kenya Airways.
Since the hiring for the Internship Program is done locally, Kenya Airways does not pay transportation costs whatsoever.
Would you like to work for Air Peace?We are looking for a Technician who is going to be responsible for accomplishing delegated maintenance tasks on Air Peace Limited Aircraft to the required airworthiness standards. The primary objective is to ensure the continued safe operation of the aircraft by achieving, and striving to exceed, the standards of airworthiness set by the Nig. CARs.
Main Responsibilities Ensures all required entries into the aircraft logbooks and permanent records are accurate and preserved in accordance with APL requirements. Performs maintenance planning, along with management oversight of inspections, repairs, and modifications, as assigned. The technician may have external maintenance monitoring responsibilities with third-party vendors and contractors. The technician is encouraged to proactively provide recommendations for modifications and upgrades, as necessary. Ensure appropriate entry is made in the aircraft log when a job is accomplished on the aircraft. Maintains a safe work environment and reports any unsafe conditions. Repair worn, damaged, or defective mechanical parts. Maintain inventories of materials, equipment, or products. Install machine or equipment replacement parts. Maintain repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective aircraft maintenance Examine and inspect aircraft components, including landing gear, hydraulic systems, and deicers to locate cracks, breaks, leaks, or other problems. Must be willing and able to work flexible schedules, as required to accommodate customer driven flight schedules. Competencies and Key Requirements Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) Health & Safety Awareness Safety management Influencing Ability to cope under pressure Excellent Creativity & Innovative skills High level of personal credibility Result oriented
Key Requirements Second Upper Division in any of these engineering causes a. Mechanical Engineering b. Aeronautical engineering c. Electrical Engineering Minimum of one (1) years of college or equivalent technical training, in related field
Do You Want To Be A Senior Hotel Consultant For Emirates Airways?
Qualifications & Experience
Salary & Benefits
- Initiate, plan and negotiate SPA with other carriers and set competitive prorates to boost KQ revenue from beyond markets where KQ is offline on Code shares and Block-space Agreements
- Prepare, coordinate and action the filing and distribution of the following: -
- Both chart 1 & 2 RBD (Reservations Booking Designators) depending on concurrence agreements
- ZED (Zonal Employee Discount) fares
- Negotiate, prepare, control and coordinate MITA-Multilateral Interline Traffic Agreements and BITA-Bilateral Interline Traffic Agreements with strategic airlines for KQ’s interminability.
- Identify, initiate and negotiate staff travel agreements. ZED/MIBA-Multilateral Interline Business Agreements, ZED-Zonal Employee Discount. Thus, creating a seamless wider cost-effective staff travel arrangements
- Coordinate, Maintain and Administer IATA airlines and Agency relationships with KQ to ensure policies are developed and enforced that protect KQ’s interest revenue.
- Initiate and coordinate with sales areas to develop and seek IATA adoption and Governments Approval for interminable /IATA fares for the best possible value in terms of network and revenue.
- Initiate and orchestrate actions on TPM-ticketed point mileages creations on filings to all newly introduced KQ routes for proper IATA fare proration to ascertain maximum revenue
- Initiate and Source KQ’s own offices/GSAs IATA codes/validators and file GSA’s with IATA
- Coordinate and disseminate information on IATA and/or KQ Policy to the entire KQ network concerning documents like tickets, FIM’s, MCO’s and MPD’s (Multi-Purpose Documents).
- Seek from KQ treasury in liaison with Barclays Bank the (BSR) - exchange rates of USD to KES to circulate to the market in Kenya without which no ticketing office can ticket USD based fares in Kenya.
- University degree with 3 years in the Business related subject or “O” level with 5 years airline experience in IATA affairs.
- Proficiency in proration
- Thorough proficiency in fares construction, ticketing & reservation
- Ability to take independent correct, quick and decisive action
- Strong analytical and visionary skills
- Excellent knowledge of Kenya Airways products
- Excellent planning & organization skills.
- Excellent computer skills